Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Sterling's Wedding

20100131-IMG_4825



Courtney and Mat are friends and co-workers of mine and invited me to their wedding.  I didn't think I would make it as I have a 1 year old and full-time job but things worked out and I managed to show up! (still had to work that day but I had a 2 hour window where I could hang out). 
More after the jump...



Of course I brought my camera just in case I had the opportunity to take a couple photo's of the lovely couple.  The wedding was on Sunday and at the Tacoma courthouse.  So we had to wait for the judge to show up and let us in(building was closed on Sunday).  Here's a couple I took while we waited.
20100131-IMG_4572
20100131-IMG_4573
 20100131-IMG_4563

So 12:01 rolled around and bride was getting nervous....
20100131-IMG_4566

The judge finally showed up. It took three elevators to get everyone upstairs into the courtroom.
20100131-IMG_4575

From then on it was all seriousness.
20100131-IMG_4605
20100131-IMG_4597
20100131-IMG_4592

Ok.  I forgot how fun weddings are!  The whole thing was a blast.  I sorta went crazy taking pictures!  Couldn't help myself.  They already had a photographer but she didn't mind me snapping a few(I asked). And never anger the bride or family....
20100131-IMG_4623
20100131-IMG_4611

Ok ok.  Here are the more serious ones! :)
20100131-IMG_4616
20100131-IMG_4624
20100131-IMG_4639
 20100131-IMG_4628
20100131-IMG_4652


I have to admit the courthouse wasn't the easiest location to shoot.  Lots of clutter. Lighting was a challenge and I left my extra strobes at home.  But it worked out in the end.  

Afterwords we went to the Tacoma Glass museum to snap a few portraits.  The light was much more forgiving here and gave me a chance to get creative.  There were plenty of beautiful landmarks around however the sky was so beautiful I couldn't help but focus on it.  
20100131-IMG_4799
20100131-IMG_4810

Of course when it looks like the rainclouds are closing it it's time to go.
20100131-IMG_4818

Thank you so much for inviting me!   Congratulations and I can't wait to take some baby pictures for you guys!


Running out of room on my flickr for photos(really gotta upgrade to a pro-account). I'll be sending Mr and Mrs. Sterling a copy of the CD since there are many more photos. All the photos on this page are also on my http://www.flickr.com/borys4
If you have any questions you can post here or contact me at Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. Borys, the pictures and...your comments are just great. What a wonderful bride and groom.
    I love the clouds and a little bit sunshine (almost like in any marriage)

    ReplyDelete